Sunday 4 May 2008

Leaf Armbands and another filler block.





Did another filler block today for the 2008 12" crochet block a month CAL on Ravelry. It's called Fisherman's Ring and is designed by Priscilla Hewitt. It didn't takle that long to make, as it's only a 6" square I just added a few rounds to get it up to the 12" I need.










I've made these armbands to go with the Kiri shawl, they've turned out okay but if I was to make them again I'd alter the leaf pattern as it's a bit messy.

I'd use the ten pattern repeat from the Kiri shawl for them as the leaf in that has more definition and looks much more pleasing to the eye. Think I'd make them slightly bigger as well as my hands are by no means large and they're snug on me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this block! Really love it! Now I want to make it too! :D
yarnorgy

Carob said...

I know what you mean, I plan to, one day, make a whole blanket from this block.