Wednesday 10 September 2008

Another Birthday Scarf

Well I finished my husband's scarf on the morning of his birthday and he really likes it. obviously it's not as pretty as the scarf I made for my gran as he's a bloke and doesn't 'do' pretty lace.

It's a very simple knit that has a pleasing effect and works up real quick. I could have got away with CO 20 stitches with the Robin Chunky I used as the finished item ended up quite wide but husband seems to like that. The pattern is called Jute Rope and is by Rebecca Sweinhagen, I also didn't use the recommended needle size as thought the knitted fabric would have ended up far to stiff, so I used 8mm needles. This also helped with the speed of the project.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your scarf turned out beautiful! It's nice to see someone else's version of it. The color is scrumptious.

--Rebecca Sweinhagen

Carob said...

Thank you, just a shame the husband has never worn it (says it's too bulky). Hmm perhaps I should have it then :-)