Saturday 6 September 2008

Birthday Scarf


My gran's birthday scarf is complete. I used the Path of the Heart pattern by Ria Bridges. A nice simple knit with lovely results.

I wanted something that was going to be soft and delicate against my gran's skin as she's just had facial surgery for skin cancer, so I chose James C. Brett Pure Merino in shade PM8. It's a lovely rich plummy/wine colour (first picture) and is so soft and smoochy it's perfect for scarves.

It's currently pined to my bed to block and I'll deliver it on Wednesday (her birthday), just hope she likes it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful scarf! :) I'm sure your gran will love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the pattern! :D I love the colour of that yarn, too; it looks delicious enough to eat!

Carob said...

Thank you both. The scarf was a great success and Gran loved it.