Wednesday 17 September 2008

I'd dye for you.

Okay, I've had another go at this dyeing malarky. I've used the same base yarn but a different method.

My dye stock was 2x black cherry 2x grape and 1x ghoul aid. This yarn was done in the slow cooker (crockpot). The dye was sucked up by the yarn so fast I was really quite worried. I'm not sure if I want to overdye with so
me bright red or not, not sure how that would look.

I've also included a picture of my previous attempt now that the yarn has dried.

Of course England being how it is, there is hardly any sunlight this morning to take the shots in, so it's quite dark and the true colours aren't quite right, I'm hoping it'll brighten up later and I can take some better pictures. These pictures were taken outside and are as good as it's going to get really.

0 comments: