Thursday 26 February 2009

Simple Fitted V-neck Tee

I finished a tee (or short sleeved jumper) for myself last night, quite pleased with how it turned out. it's not see through that was the flash (grrr, crappy British weather!).

I used Forsell Touch of Silk DK and size 4.5mm circulars (no seems, yay), think I'll wear it for work today with a shirt underneath. I've made a pattern (in the side bar), so far it's only the one size but I'll be changing that ASAP (today). Have now added more sizes to the pattern it's now 30-52inch if you have any problems with the pattern please let me know.

5 comments:

Esther said...

I like this. I've already queued it on Ravelry and I think I will make it in different yard for this summer

Anonymous said...

Love this! Funny thing is last night I began swatching the exact same yarn (in Blarney, not sure it's the same colour your used) and was wondering what I would do with it... I think I know now, thank you!

Carob said...

Ester, thank you. Somebody on Ravelry mentioned making it in a cotton, I think that's an excellent idea as the wool I used is very warm.

Carob said...

Sophie, thank you and you're right it is Blarney. It is such a deep green I wasn't sure what to do with it myself.

I've been really surprised by peoples reaction to this little tee, didn't think it was all that just a simple tee and yet so many people have already downloaded the pattern. If you're one of those people, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the pattern available. I've nearly completed it and if I may be so bold as to suggest (for those of us who are not such experienced knitters) that you explain which decreases to use where for the raglan shaping. A friend of mine just walked me through it, but I was mighty confused. I do love how it's turning out though.I'm using Blue Sky organic cotton and it looks great.