Tuesday 3 February 2009

WOW!

What can I say? I finished one of the shawls I've on the go last night. Renee Leverington's Persephone (also known as MS10), wow! This shawl is beautiful but like all lace didn't reveal just how beautiful until it was blocked and WOW! I love it. Yes, yes I mucked up the blocking as I really didn't give myself enough time for it to dry before I needed to actually go to bed (the only place big enough to block it) but I can re-do it another time now I know it's true beauty.

Renee is a master of the lace shawl and I bow to her excellence, I've 2 more of her shawls OTN and another 2 in the queue, I can't wait to discover how beautiful they are.

I used 4mm needles and a silvery blue 4ply yarn called Soft Seasons, Soft Mix (wool/acrylic blend) that I'd bought from Ebay and stashed quite a while ago. The pattern isn't available on Renee's website just yet but will be soo
n, so be sure to bookmark her.

0 comments: