Saturday 11 October 2008

Eek, a wedding.

Okay my sister in law is getting married on the 24th of October, I only found out on Thursday. I knew she was getting married but for some reason I thought is was next summer, that's why I couldn't figure out why she was having her hen night this month LOL.

So of course there being three females in this house (two of whom are teenagers) the major question was, 'what am I going to wear?'


I've dibs on one of my eldest daughter's dresses, she hasn't worn it yet and it's a floaty chiffon number in black. Wearing black to a wedding isn't the problem, the fact it's strapless is. My solution is to knit a cropped cardigan/shrug type of thing so my bra straps don't show. Also the yarn matches a pair of heals I've got so hopefully will look nice on the day.

My husband is easy to dress, he can just wear a suit, eldest is panicking and has decided she needs to go shopping (this girl can't even fit all her clothes in her robe as it is) so the plan is eldest and I go shopping on Thursday, she can pick something for herself and help me choose something for the youngest.

Youngest has requested that the dress have two colours and one of them must be blue (sigh), if I can't find anything like that I may just pick up some fabric and cobble something together for her myself.


I was looking at patterns for the cropped cardigan and fell in love with this one, unfortunately the whole pattern isn't available yet so have plumbed for this one (with a few alterations).

I'm using a Dk weight yarn with 4.5mm needles so have cast on 80 stitches instead of the recommended 50, I've split like this 14/13/26/13/14. Think I'll make it slightly longer but only by a few rows, just hope my alterations work out as I'm not a designer and am winging it LOL. I'm not adding the pointy edge as I'm not too keen on it.

The VLT gift I'm knitting for my mum is coming along nicely and should be completed next week sometime (hopefully).

0 comments: