Tuesday 21 October 2008

Victorian Lace Today Scarf

As usual life got in the way and I ended up having to do a rush job on this, although I still really like it, it’s not what I originally planned.

I did do the Stripes and Torchon lace on page 158 for the center panel, just didn’t use the border from that pattern. I only cast on 41 stitches as I did two of the stripes and repeated the pattern 12 times. After blocking the scarf turned out 10.5 inches wide by 60 inches long.

Instead I chose the wide Clarence border on page 82.

I used a superwash sock yarn that I hand dyed in the slow cooker. Also, as I didn't have anywhere to block the scarf I doubled it over and blocked on the ironing board seemed to work fine.

It’s mum’s birthday today and I’m meeting her at lunchtime for a coffee and will give her the scarf then. I'll try and get some pictures of her wearing the scarf and upload them later.

0 comments: