Tuesday 6 January 2009

Pah!

Well (cough), remeber that resolution I was pratteling on about the other day? Yes, yes the one where I don't cast on anything new unless I finish 2 WIPs.

Well, err, I kind of broke it alread
y. Okay, I didn't break it as much as I threw it on the ground and stomped all over it.

On Saturday (3rd January) I cast on for the Back To School U neck Vest by Stefanie Japel from Fitted Knits, I justified this by telling myse
lf that I had just finished two jumpers and a pair of fingerless gloves.I'm using King Cole Fashion Aran in colour 162 Heather, that I got from Abakhan in Manchester and I'm using my Harmony options size 4.5mm and 3.75mm.

But then yesterday I decided I'd do a DAL (dye-a-long) that I found on Ravelry, the theme January Blues. I got out my one last undyed hank of BFL/Nylon sock yarn and set to dying.

I used 1 sachet of Grape kool Aid, 1 sachet of Black Cherry Kool Aid and half a bottle of Dr. Oetker blue food colouring. Rather than dip dying I decided I'd be clever and actually hand paint the yarn this time (yay, go me.) I finished it off in the microwave instead of the slow cooker to ensure the colours didn't bleed into each other.

Then I was so excited about how well it turned out I wanted to see how it knitted up, so I cast on a pair of socks, I'm using Violet Green's sock calculator pattern and size 2.5mmDPNs
So I haven't really broken my resolution as badly as it seems (or at least that's what I'm telling myself) and hopefully I'll have a lovely vest and pair of socks by next week.

0 comments: