Tuesday 29 April 2008

Woohoo, Kiri is done.





Yay, I cast off my Kiri last night and it's now blocking.

For the cast off it says to make sure you do it loose and to use a 5mm needle, to be on the safe side I used a 6mm needle.

Blocking is harder than it looks, I don't think I've done it right but it's close enough that I can live with it. I don't think it'll take that long to dry either.

I ended up doing 12 repeats of the pattern, that's equal to 132 rows with another 12 rows for the edging. I didn't count how many stitches there were as I was a little scared to find out LOL.

I can't wait to unblock it and see how it draps/looks, just hope my friend likes it now.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Found you on ravelry. I am just starting to atempt lace knitting--sticking to scarves for now. That shawl is beautiful!!

Carob said...

Thank you, Chris. Lace knitting seems so scary at first, then you do your first tentative small project and before you know it you're addicted :-)