Tuesday 22 April 2008

Work shirt



I've just completed work shirt number one, I'm quite pleased with it. On the next one I'll change the buttonhole position as I think they're to far from the neck band. Didn't have any real problems with the pattern, just the sleeves were fiddly as they're puff.

Some of the instructions didn't quite make sense so I went to my favourite sewing group for advice, of course within a few moments I'd had a reply that made perfect sense to me and was able to continue.

I ended up not doing the bust adjustment as it fitted great everywhere except the neck and shoulders and being as inexperienced as I am I've now idea how to correct that, they are only slightly to large so i can get away with it this time but maybe some research is in order for next time.

I'm looking forward to making the other one now.

2 comments:

Knit-Marie said...

That's one pretty shirt! Well done!

Carob said...

Thank you, I've some stripe fabric to make another, just haven't gotten round to it yet.