Saturday 14 June 2008

DPNs + Lace weight = Arrrgghhhh!



Well I cast on for the mystery shawl late last night as Renee posted it early. I think it may have been a bad idea casting on as soon as I finished dad's washcloth as I didn't realise just how late it was and how tired I was.

Half a dozen times I cast on, I just couldn't seem to get past the first 2 rows as I was all fingers and thumbs. I've never used DPN's and lace weight. In fact the only lace weight I've ever used is for the Celtic Knot Shawl and I've not even started the first knot on that yet. So a lace circular shawl was proving very difficult indeed.

I was loosing all hope of ever getting it by 2am, so decided to call it a night. So glad I did as this morning I was able to cast on and actually finish clue 1.

We were given a choice of 4 different lace charts, I plumbed for chart 'D' as it seemed the easiest and after last night I was all about making life easy :-) i can't wait for next week's clue now, this KAL is going to be so much fun.

0 comments: