Wednesday 4 June 2008

Yarn Brag.


I'll not tell my husband if you don't but I've just ordered what I hope will be some wonderful yarn for the Goddess Knits Mystery Shawl.

It's from Angel Yarns and is called Merion Lace Yarn, I've chosen the colour Ice Storm. It called to me and I had to have it :-D

I'm really surprised at the yardage as well, plenty for a shawl and the price is excellent. Now I'll just have to semi-patiently wait for my order to arrive. As the KAL doesn't actually start until June 14th the yarn hopefully will be here before then.

I did a test in some un-labled stash yarn I had (a 3ply), it turned out okay with the 3.75 needles I chose. Just a shame I didn't read the chart right, hopefully that'll be better when I come to knit the actual shawl.

I'm practising chart reading with the Celtic Knot Stole I'm currently working on and that seems to be pretty straight forward and is working out fine.

0 comments: