Wednesday 11 June 2008

Yummy Yarn Woes.


Well it seems the lovely merino lace weight I ordered from Angel Yarns wont be here in time to start the Goddess Knits Mystery Shawl KAL.

I ordered it on June 4th, got an email June 6th to tell me the yarn was out of stock and they were waiting on a new stock delivery. So I rang them yesterday to find out how long delivery usually takes from their supplier, it appears they only ordered the yarn the day before yesterday and it can take 7 to 10 days to arrive from the supplier. Of course there's no indication on the website that the yarn is actually out of stock...gah!

I've never had any trouble with Angel Yarns before but having read a few things, I think from now on it'd be a good idea to phone and actually check they have what I want in stock.

So now I'm in a quandary, do I wait for the lace weight to arrive and then start the KAL a few days late or do I go with another yarn I've my eye on, Silverknit Paris 2ply wool (shown in picture)?

If I go with the new yarn I'd do the first two clues in the yellow, the second two in the mid yellow and the last clue in the mid brown. Possibly even adding some beads to the last section.

Hmm, decisions, decisions, decisions....

0 comments: