Friday 27 June 2008

Prom Queen.






It's prom night and daughter has been the picture of stress. Poor thing had to miss her hair appointment and then couldn't get her hair or make-up the way she wanted it. After a good cry and few moans about not going, she managed to pull herself together and finished getting ready.

Yes, I'm biased, but I truly thought she looked wonderful. Right up until she left the house she still felt not quite right and stressed as you can tell by the pictures. Gah, I wouldn't be 16 again if you paid me.

I used a modified Simplicity 4070 pattern, I deepened the v at the neck line. I also gave it a corset instead of a zip (although the skirt section does have a concealed zip) and as well as lining the skirt, I added net to the underneath to just about poke out the bottom.

I used taffeta for the dress and have discovered I really enjoy working with taffeta as it's so easy. The net and lining fabric was another kettle of fish altogether (eek). just some ribbon detailing on the bust line and it was done. Once I got into it it only took a day or so even though I've never made anything like it before.

0 comments: