Monday 2 June 2008

Obsesed moi?



Hmm, I think I may be becoming slightly obsessed with lace knitting...eek!

I seem to have joined a couple of KALs on Ravelry, I joined 'one shawl to rule them all' a couple of weeks ago. Now I have two shawls on the go.

The first shawl I cast on was the Woodland Shawl, it's supposed to look Elvish. I had originally wanted to make it in Kidsilk night but couldn't really justify the cost, so went with a yarn I found in my stash. It does kind of make me think of Elves. The silver running through the green makes me think of Elven chain mail.

The second shawl I cast on is the Celtic Knot Stole, this is to represent the race of Men, I found a 2ply jet black un-named yarn on Ebay that was pennies, so of course as I love a bargain I bought it.

Here's a list of the shawls and who they represent;

Hobbits
knit: Chunky Highland Wool Wrap
crochet: Eva’s Shawl

Men
knit: Celtic Knot Stole
crochet: Angled Lace Scarf

Dwarves
knit: 98-21 Shawl
crochet: 102-36 Shawl

Elves
knit: Woodland Shawl
crochet: Feather Stole

So you can see, that alone is going to keep me uber busy. So guess what I went and did, yup you guessed. I signed up for yet another KAL!

I found the Goddess Knits Mystery Shawl group on Ravelry, there is also a yahoo group for the KAL. There is still time to join in as the KAL won't actually start until June 14th. That'll give me some time to work on the other shawls.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm going to knit both of the shawls you have started. I joined the One Shawl to Rule Them All Group on Ravelry, too. Haven't cast on yet, however. Too many other things to finish first. Yours look lovely so far--it appears to be a magnificent obsession.

Carob said...

Thank you. So far, it's the only one I've completed but from what I understand there isn't a time limit on when the shawls must be complete. Thank goodness, or I'd have failed already LOL.